visa agents

Waltons

Can a body please recommend good visa agents to get us from North East England to Western Australia? I have been looking but very wary of false companies, bad companies and rip off companies. Any recommendations of companies or just things to look out for and take into consideration would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Only use a Mara registered agent would be the main advice. We used Overseas Emigration and were happy enough with their service.

There re are a few agents who post on here and you could definitely trust any of those.

In part it depends on the specifics of your case who might be best - for example @George Lombard is known to be good with medical cases, @ptlabs for IT migrants. For general migration @Alan Collett is often recommended but there are plenty of good ones.

We chose OE because they were based in Scotland so we could meet face to face.

The two visa agents that are continuously being recommended on here are: Alan Collett (Waltzing Matilda) and Westley Russell (Pinoy Australia). They are both forum contributors and provide some fantastic advice on here.

I cant personally recommend one, as I havent used one yet!!

The two visa agents that are continuously being recommended on here are: Alan Collett (Waltzing Matilda) and Westley Russell (Pinoy Australia). They are both forum contributors and provide some fantastic advice on here.

I cant personally recommend one, as I havent used one yet!!

Any of the registered migration agents who regularly post on this forum are OK.

There is seldom any benefit in consulting an agent in person.

If you deal with an agent or other authorities in Australia (and you are not) you avoid VAT and GST.

There are no consequences for ministerial delegates (case officers) or other authorities who stuff up, similarly for unregistered agents who carry on unscathed having perpetrated repeated bungles.

The DIBP publish misleading statistics on the percentage of applicants who were represented by a registered migration agent, misleading because many applicants receive crucial advice form a registered migration agent, but the agent does not lodge the application. There is no mention of the relative success rates of applicants who were represented by a registered migration agent, self represented ,or represented by an unregistered agent.

There is no mention of the relative success rates of applicants who were represented by a registered migration agent, self represented ,or represented by an unregistered agent.

It would be difficult to draw meaning from such stats even if they were published. All cases are different. One might expect agents would advise clients against hopeless applications, but people with borderline cases might choose to use an agent whilst those with straightforward cases might go it alone.

I remember a statistic that when President Clinton had heart surgery, he went to the hospital in NY State with the lowest survival rate. Why would he do that? The answer is that he went to the best hospital which dealt with the hardest cases.

It would be difficult to draw meaning from such stats even if they were published. All cases are different. One might expect agents would advise clients against hopeless applications, but people with borderline cases might choose to use an agent whilst those with straightforward cases might go it alone.

I remember a statistic that when President Clinton had heart surgery, he went to the hospital in NY State with the lowest survival rate. Why would he do that? The answer is that he went to the best hospital which dealt with the hardest cases.

There are no bad heart surgeons, they just don't make it that far.

And what then is the point of publishing the % of people who use RMAs?

What they want to do is rip the money out of people who do not even know they are standing on a trapdoor.

Perhaps we should ask the DIBP/OMARA to publish the relative success rates of RMAs and the relative success rates of RMAs cf. unregistered agents.

I was in Australia with a 457 Visa. After one year GO MATILDA office from UK helped me to get 190 permanent visa within in 56 days.

A fantastic customer service and value for money.

I'd agree with that, we are with Go Matilda and in the process at the moment. They're really helpful and we feel we made a good choice in choosing them. They get our vote !

I'd agree with that, we are with Go Matilda and in the process at the moment. They're really helpful and we feel we made a good choice in choosing them. They get our vote !

We have also used GO MATILDA and found them to be very knowledgeable, helpful and efficient. They have lodged our application for a 143 CPV from their Melbourne office last Friday.

The fact that they have offices in Southampton, UK and also in Melbourne (and Brisbane and Perth) that liaise seamlessly is an added advantage.

I know many people apply independently for their visas but I found that the services of a good agent (such as GO MATILDA) iwas invaluable for solving a number of queries that arose in the application process.